Thursday, August 8, 2013

I Burn

When August rolls around, I seriously get twitchy thinking about all the burners heading to Black Rock City.  I know that someday I will be back.  I WANT to go back.  I DREAM of going back.  It’s just not possible yet.  I’m a second year burner who hasn’t made that second year yet.  One of the most transformative events in my life sticks to my brain and makes me dream of doing it again; of experiencing the feeling of freedom and love again – the one you just don’t feel in the real world.

I’m sure there are people who jack up their burn, maybe even jack it up for others, but the MAJORITY of them are there for the same reason.  To groove on the total amazing collective FREEDOM.  THAT IS WHO I WANT TO BE.  I want to say that is who I am, but the truth is it is who I want to be.  So I tell the truth.

Oh August, you bring me such pain and such hope and such longing for the playa.


LONGING.

to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment