Monday, June 15, 2015

Lighten Up

I need to lighten up a bit.  Partly because I'm going in a serious direction here and partly because I'm having some seriously awful things happening in my life right now and I'd like to forget about life for a while.

So, I'm going full on Nascar fan on you.

I might make this a Monday regular...  I HEART Nascar.

But, yesterday's race was something of a bummer due to the rain that was pelting Michigan... on again, off again.  Luckily we got most of the race in and I have to say I was pretty pleased that Kurt Busch snagged the "win" when the race was called at lap 138 (of 200).   I know that it is most popular to hate Kurt Busch, but I like the guy.  Sure, he's been a trouble maker over the years, but I think some of it was blown out of proportion and I also think it all started with that whole Jimmy Spencer deal back in, what?  2003?  Jimmy Spencer being the "old guy" was more of a fan fave than Kurt was and pretty much from that point it all went down hill for Kurt.  But, I can sort of see how a bunch of fans booing you all the time could make you pissed and react negatively.   I'm not going to make any excuses, I'm just going to say that I think Kurt has worked hard to get back on top and I, for one, root for him and was happy that he now has two wins under his belt for this year.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this year in Nascar.  It amazes me how many people bitch and moan about the rules and the drivers and the penalties and just whine in general.   Me?  I find every weekend that I get to watch a race is a gift.  I love it.  Makes me a happy girl and even better I got to see TWO live races this year.  LUCKY ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment