Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Five Things About Dean Koontz & Me

  1. Lightning is one of my FAVORITE books.  What is not to love about Time Traveling Nazis, adorable orphans, and trouble and triumph through Southern California?  
  2. I own a great many signed first editions of Koontz books and a couple of his Sci Fi books from the dark ages of the 60s.  I say this because I want you to understand that I was a huge fan for a long time.
  3. Dean Koontz likes to now use his novels to do several things:  a. Make sure the reader knows he has a vast vocabulary.  b. Make a point, usually political in nature, but sometimes spiritual or just whatever crazy shit he believes right now.  c.  Make money.
  4. I saw him at the Comic Con in San Diego a couple of years ago.  That man is freaking bizarre.
  5. WHY OH WHY do his books suck so bad now?  I can only say that today is the first time ever that I the book is so bad that I'm returning it to the library unfinished.  "\What book", you ask?  77 Shadow Street.  Seriously.  This book is HORRIBLE.  AWFUL.  I went on Amazon to see what others had to say and it's an overall 3 stars so some crazy ass people like it and apparently it goes in some weird science direction towards the end and guess what!  I DON'T CARE.  This pile of crap is going back.  I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment